Thursday, May 22, 2008

On simplicity and Italian (phone) services













I'm not famous for my love towards Italian services, in particular mobile phone services and specifically TIM (Telecom Italia Mobile).

Since mid February 2008 I've been trying to take my mobile number out from the company I used to work before (with their consent, as this was my first Italian mobile and I have it since 2001, long before I worked with them). It was very simple to add a "consumer" number to a business contract, but now it seems almost impossible to become consumer again. Several faxes (I guess that now more than 30 pages have been printed, hand filled and faxed), calls (at least 10 to the TIM guy that follows the company's account, at least other 5 to their business call center) and emails have been unsuccessfully exchanged.

They gave contradictory indications, the wrong forms a couple of times (and now that I probably sent the right one, they are asking for a formal fax where I cancel all the previous forms) and they even blamed me for sending the wrong stuff.


I'm talking of what should be a routine procedure. Why do I have to spend so much energy and keep paying for this service? Why can't I fill online the right form, print it, sign it and... sigh... yes, fax it (it has something to do with the law) and just have the situation solved? I would save a lot of time, they would save a lot of money on the transaction (yeah, maybe they are making more money retaining me against my will) and I would surely be recommending the service to some friend (for a commodity as mobile service, this details are important).

Please, why make stuff complicated when it could be so SIMPLE?
... and as soon as I'll be consumer again, I WILL CHANGE to another company, that's a fact!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I sympathize with your plight, but the problem is, can you actually find a competent telecommunications company?

I can easily recommend from personal experience that you avoid Wind-Infostrada like the plague.

I lost phone service for two weeks. In the middle of the "incident" they closed the "ticket" without verifying the problem was resolved. To keep management happy, they won't reopen an erroneously closed ticket - they pretend it is a new problem and open a new ticket - thus the customer downtime seems minimal. Oh, try finding their "carta dei servizi".

Cretins.

Gianfranco Chicco said...

I know that the "other" guys are not much better. My decision of changing was anyway based on a previous evaluation (I'm going to Japan and another Italian mobile operator has a better roaming agreement there)...

...as you say, statistics rule in these companies, so changing mobile operator is the only weapon I have to protest (yes, ok, there might be others but require more time, effort and money).

evafaenge@gmail.com said...

CIAO GIANFRANCO.....

Well trying to reach you through all theese new sites...do not know if I manage......

You contacted me through my blog
www.evafaenge.se/blog about a calligraphy of mine...Together...which was made during a time of deep meditation
practice....to bad I did not see your message until now....I would have been most happy to let you use it for TIBET......
WELCOME to contact me again..

saluti e buon viaggio
eva@evafaenge.se